Dogs are our best companions, but they are really different with us. So you need to be careful with your fluffy friends, those healthy, nutritious diet for us do not mean the same to canines. Here we pulled together a list of several common diet that are poisonous and dangerous for your dogs. Avoid giving your dogs any of these food, otherwise you should seek advice from your vet the first time.
- Corn on the cob. This vegetable can actually cause a serious intestinal blockage.
- Chocolate. Chocolate can poison your dog’s heart, central nervous system and kidneys.
- Cooked bones. Cooked bones should be avoided at all costs, although raw bones are good for your dog. Cooked bones can easily splinter as your dog chews them, which shards causing damage internally to your dog’s digestive system, mouth and throat.
- Raw fish. Quantities of raw fish it can result in a vitamin B deficiency which will cause loss of appetite and seizures.
- Avocado. Avocados contain a substance known as Persin which is particularly harmful to dogs.
- Macadamia nuts. You may notice signs of weakness, swelling of limbs, panting and tremors if your dog has digested macadamia nuts.
- Grapes and raisins. Grapes can be highly toxic due to a toxin that can cause liver and kidney failure within canines.
- Onions, garlic and chives. They can cause uncomfortable gastrointestinal irritation for your dog, which could eventually lead to red blood cell damage in addition.